Lifeway Community Church Family and Friends,
We all have seen the news and had discussions on our own about the seemingly relentless spread of the Covid-19, Coronavirus across the globe, into our country and now even to our state and county. The race to call it a pandemic can only lead to further panic, chaos and confusion, which none of these traits come from our Father in Heaven or His Son Jesus Christ. While we will not be willfully ignorant or blind to this virus and its effect, we must also not live in fear but have the wisdom from above to know what to do and take care of one another, because we are family.
Here are some actions that we can and should take:
- Prayer. This most essential act in our lives as believers is what keeps us connected to our Lord, and keeps us grounded in times like these. There are many who have suffered from this virus, but we will praise our Lord with song, prayer, confessions of faith and trust in Him, and for His might power to destroy this pestilence.
- Personal. There are simple things that we should already be doing like washing hands, practicing excellent hygiene, and consideration for others by staying home if you have the slightest symptom or sniffle. Again, things that should already be ingrained into our everyday lives. We will listen to those in the medical field and what they have to say, we will communicate with each other, and we will stay informed.
- Panic. This is the worst action any society can take in the threat of any kind of sickness or threat. The enemy always knows that fear and panic are two main ways to destroy a church and a society. We will not panic. We put our trust in the Lord God and go where He says go and do what He says do.
- Precaution. We will vigorously maintain the sanitation of everything-from seats to dishes to door handles to toys in the nursery. We will also have sanitizer, and we ask everyone to use it often while at church. Use caution and wisdom with handshakes: if you’re nervous about it, then don’t, stay out of everyone’s faces, keep hugs to strict minimum, if at all. Above all, we will be clean at LCC.
- Persevere. We will overcome this because of the goodness of our God! Don’t lose hope, don’t lose focus on the One Who makes life abundant and eternal life a reality!
Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God.”
2 Timothy 1: 7 “ For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and discipline.”
Bless His Awesome Name,
Pastor, Lifeway Community Church